PHP for Beginners: Learn to Code in PHP. Every line of code explained in detail. A true PHP for Beginners Course 2020
What you’ll learn
- a true PHP for Beginners course with step-by-step lessons
- learn how to code using PHP from a national award-winning teacher
- you will be taken from absolute PHP beginner to confident coder with every step clearly explained
- create dozens of useful PHP scripts
- create a Rock Paper Scissors game
- create a basic hit counter via sessions
- create a 2 player Tic Tac Toe game
- create a bad word filter
- create a ‘How many days until Christmas’ script
- create and use HTML forms and process the data using PHP
- create, read, update and delete sessions and cookies
- access to regularly updated content including lesson notes, downloadable code, HD quality video tutorials, and quizzes
- 25 PHP coding challenges (more added regularly) with full video solutions and downloadable PHP code
- access real world coding challenges and examples including full video solutions and downloadable code
- manipulate words and sentences (strings) using string functions
- use mathematical operators e.g. addition, subtraction, multiplication, division (and more) to solve practical problems e.g. calculate the area of a circle if the user inputs the radius or diameter
- use loops to simplify processes
- use conditional statements to test properties and action processes based on the result
- create and use simple arrays and solve problems involving array functions
- use associative arrays and manipulate them using array functions
- use PHP internal functions and create your own
- use the date() function to perform calculations based on date
- a tutor who responds quickly to questions and who regularly updates the course
- 30 day money back guarantee!
- …and much more!
- Have access to a computer with internet connection and browser
- Some HTML and CSS knowledge would be beneficial but the tutor will explain everything as he goes
- If you wish to use the downloadable code snippets then you should know how to open a zip file.
- A functioning PHP development environment of your choice. E.g. Visual Studio Code with MAMP/XAMMP.
- Note that I use the CodeAnywhere development environment throughout this course and this is a PAID option ($1.50 per month with discount code) and it is OPTIONAL. You do NOT have to use the same development environment that I do. I will happily offer advice on a development environment of your choice – just ask me!
REGULARLY UPDATED PHP FOR BEGINNERS COURSE (Last Update: Friday 27th December 2019).
- FREE access to the first 4 sections of the course. I strongly encourage you to watch the first 4 sections before you join.
- Every line of code explained
- Full support with all questions answered promptly
Students consistently say how much they LOVE this course due to its unique delivery method and challenges which enable you to use your new skills immediately. Join over 5000 other students who have successfully learnt to code in PHP by enrolling in this course.
This PHP for beginners course introduces you to PHP through carefully crafted examples and fully worked tasks. Learning by doing is what this course is all about. You will experience real world examples of PHP code use.
Have you seen other courses that use complex terms or that jump steps and leave you thinking “why did that just happen”? You won’t find that with this course because every line of code is explained and is very easy to follow.
This course has been designed with the coding beginner in mind or those who may have picked up bad habits and wish to refresh their coding skills.
On hand to help and guide you is a renowned national award-winning teacher who has taught 1000s of students over a career of over 25 years.
Highlights of this course include:
- Full code from every example and mini task shared with you online
- Carefully crafted challenges and full solutions with FULL explanations of every line
- Demonstration of a shared coding environment
- Dozens of real world examples with more added on a regular basis
- A tutor who cares about his students
- Regular updates and new challenges
Every line of code is explained in full detail to ensure that you can progress from absolute beginner to competent coder very quickly.
I am so confident that you will enjoy the course that I have provided FREE access to the first 4 sections. If you like my style then and want to continue to learn then JOIN NOW and follow the remainder of the course.
STUDENT REVIEW: ” Amazing”
STUDENT REVIEW: “I’ve enrolled in many courses here on Udemy and to be honest I’ve abandoned most of them because they are like entertainment to me. I classify them as entertainment because knowledge without action is entertainment. This course is outstandingly different, since as you learn you’re challenged to act on that knowledge. I’m now a better programmer as a result of taking this course, previously I used to struggle with transferring my real world logic to computer code. I’m in no way saying that I’m an expert now but my thought process has been adjusted due to Mr. Morrow’s effective teaching method.”
STUDENT REVIEW: “This was my first intro to php (in preparation for the php section of my coding bootcamp class I’m currently enrolled in), and the instructor explained everything really well. The pace was just right (for me). I already purchased his php part 2 course, so I can’t wait to get into that! Excellent course, content, and instructor!”
STUDENT REVIEW: “Enjoyed this course and learned quite a bit, having the challenges to do, made me use my brain. Excellent instruction. Thank you Patrick. Now time to move onto your next course on PHP and MySQL.”
STUDENT REVIEW: “Excellent beginner course, with practical and realistic tasks. Very efficient”
STUDENT REVIEW: “Now that I completed the course, I must say this is one of the best online courses that I participated in.The material is represented systematically, step by step and really every line of code is explained. The good practices are encouraged and as a content the really qualitative ground basic knowledge is taught. What really impressed me is that every example seems thoughtfully prepared in advance, no meaningless examples can be found, like in some other courses. The author encourages self development and the tasks are carefully prepared, to confirm the knowledge taught and to develop thinking and skills. I am really impressed!”
The above are just a few of many 100s of positive reviews. I encourage you to follow the first 4 sections of this course FREE of charge to see if it matches your needs and preferred learning style. If it does then join the full course and follow the remainder of the course with full support.
THE DEVELOPMENT ENVIRONMENT
IMPORTANT: Please read carefully
You are free to use ANY development environment including the one that you are already using (if any). In this course I provide you with instructions on how to set up a free option and a paid option, depending on your needs. Personally, I use CodeAnywhere (paid option) in this course but I also show you how to download and install Visual Studio Code and MAMP (free option). Both options are very similar in look and layout so you can easily transfer between them.
If you have never coded PHP before then you may not be aware that the code needs to be run by the server engine prior to being displayed on your browser as HTML. You therefore need to set up your server environment correctly. If you do not have experience of setting up a server environment then simply use CodeAnywhere.
Due to the huge number of possible platforms and editors I cannot offer support for every third party development environment. However, I will happily support you if using CodeAnywhere or Visual Studio Code and MAMP. I am also happy to offer you advice on the best environment for your needs and situation…simply contact me to ask.
There are many benefits of using CodeAnywhere including:
- there is a free 7 day trial if you would like to test the environment with a 2 hour limit per day. If you do like it then you can get the paid version for only $3 per month (or $1.50 with 50% off voucher code…just ask). Otherwise feel free to use any alternative PHP development environment.
- it is cloud based so you can use any computer to login
- if you are having any issues with code during the course you can easily share your code with me
- if you need additional help with your server then I can log in and help (provided you are willing to allow me)
- if you wish to upgrade CodeAnywhere to a professional account later then you can (otherwise just use the free version)
If you experience any issues with setting up your PHP for Beginners coding environment on CodeAnywhere then please let me know via a private message and I will happily help you out.
If you are unsure about which code editor option is best for you then I encourage you to contact me and I will be happy to discuss the options with you.
You can also follow this course using your own preferred code editor.
Once again, using CodeAnywhere or Visual Studio Code with MAMP are OPTIONAL. You can use ANY development environment of your choosing.
MY PROMISES TO YOU
As a registered teacher (yes, I teach in a real classroom every day) I strongly believe it is my job to ensure you feel totally supported when taking my classes. I therefore promise the following:
- to respect you as a student and individual with your own learning needs
- to be courteous and polite in our interactions
- to answer your questions about the course content promptly
- to fix any issues you may encounter with the lessons
- to respond promptly to feedback
I really do look forward to welcoming you to this course. I am confident you will enjoy the approach of learning what each line of code actually means.
Join the course today.
Who this course is for:
- No PHP coding experience is required – this is a true PHP for Beginners course
- Complete beginners to PHP are welcome and encouraged to enrol
- Anyone interested in learning PHP at a basic to intermediate level
- If you are looking to learn complex Object Oriented Programming (OOP) then this course is NOT for you
Created by Patrick Morrow
Last updated 12/2019
Size: 973.83 MB