Master OpenAPI (formerly Swagger) to Create Specifications for Your APIs
What you’ll learn
- Learn to define APIs using OpenAPI Specifications
- Create awesome API Documentation with Swagger UI
- Edit OpenAPI Specifications in Swagger Hub
- Be able to edit text files
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs and JSON helpful
OpenAPI 3.0 is the leading tool for the documentation of APIs.
Formerly known as Swagger, OpenAPI has a long and established history. In 2010, Swagger started as an open source specification for designing and documenting RESTful APIs.
In 2015, the Swagger project was acquired by SmartBear Software. The Swagger Specification was donated to the Linux foundation and renamed the OpenAPI.
The OpenAPI specification is the cornerstone of a thriving open source community. Simply perform a search for OpenAPI tools and you will find projects for converters, documentation, validators, editors, mock servers, testing tools and much much more!
From the OpenAPI specification, you can generate client side source code for over 50 languages. You can generate server side code for over 40 different languages.
All of these open source contributes start with the OpenAPI specification, which we explore in depth in this course.
You start off the course with learning about what is an API, a review of the HTTP protocol and how it is used in respect to RESTFul APIs.
Then we start looking at OpenAPI and how it applies to documenting RESTFul APIs.
We then start writing an OpenAPI specification using Swagger Hub.
Swagger Hub is a free, easy to use on-line editor for Swagger and OpenAPI specifications.
You will get to create a complete OpenAPI specification for a RESTful web service.
Step by step, you learn how to:
- Edit a OpenAPI specification in Swagger Hub
- Define a OpenAPI specification in YAML
- Add developer information
- Add server information
- Define an API path
- Define an API operation
- Create robust objects with JSON schema constraints
- Improve the quality of your specification with re-useable components.
- Define query parameters
- Define path parameters
- Define GET, PUT, POST, and DELETE operations
- Create API security schemes
- Generate source code with OpenAPI Code Gen
- Use ReDoc to generate robust API documentation
- Use Apache Maven to generate code with OpenAPI Code Gen
This course has numerous assignments and hands on examples to get you comfortable writing OpenAPI specifications.
Course Extra – Access to a Private Slack Community
You’re not just enrolling in a course –> You are joining a community learning about using OpenAPI.
With your enrollment to the course, you can access an exclusive Slack community. Get help from the instructor and other gurus from around the world – in real time! This community is only available to students enrolled in this course.
This is a very active Slack community with almost 500 Gurus!
With your enrollment, you can join this community of awesome gurus!
Closed Captioning / Subtitles
Closed captioning in english is available for all course videos!
All keynote presentations are available for you to download as PDFs.
When you purchase this course, you will receive lifetime access! You can login anytime from anywhere to access the course content.
No Risk – Money Back Guarantee
You can buy this course with no risk. If you are unhappy with the course, for any reason, you can get a complete refund. The course has a 30 day Money Back Guarantee.
Enroll today and see how easy it is to use OpenAPI for your RESTFul APIs!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who needs to use OpenAPI specifications for APIs
- Developers who need to document their APIs
- Business Analysts responsible for API specifications
Created by John Thompson • 385,000+ Enrollments Worldwide, Spring Ahead Code Academy
Last updated 11/2021
Size: 1.83 GB