Do you need a band score of 7.0 or above on the IELTS test? Then this course is for you!
Essential Words for IELTS is a collection of video presentations, worksheets and quizzes created for students preparing to take the IELTS test.
By working through the materials, you will master the vocabulary needed to get a high IELTS score.
- learn word meanings
- hear how to clearly pronounce each word
- see how each word is used in example sentences
- learn how to use the word like a native through common collocations (words that frequently go together)
- discover the different forms and derivatives of each word
- get to know synonyms of each word – vital for success on the IELTS reading and listening tests
- revise using a PDF version of each video
- build your own vocabulary booklet using the printable vocabulary record that comes with each video
- test yourself using multiple choice quizzes
Together, this information will help you develop a deep knowledge of each word.
In total, the course contains almost 400 words that will help you get the band score you need on the IELTS test. These words have been carefully selected from the COBUILD English language corpus to cover functions and topics that are frequently found in the IELTS test.
Each video presentation contains 7 words, the ideal number of words to learn in one go.
Who is this course for?
This course is for English language learners who are preparing to take or retake the IELTS test and need a band score of 7.0 or above. It is also useful for anyone who wants to improve their English by learning more English words and phrases, including students preparing to take the TOEFL, TOEIC, Cambridge First (FCE) Cambridge Advanced (CAE) tests.
Course Image Designed by Freepik
Who this course is for:
- Students preparing to take or retake the IELTS test
- Students who need a Band Score of 7.0 and above in the IELTS Test
- English language learners at an intermediate to advanced level
- Anyone who wants to improve their English vocabulary
- You should be at a pre-intermediate level of English or above
- An understanding of the different parts of the IELTS exam is useful but not essential
Last updated 10/2019
Size: 7.1 GB