Discover better team working through winning the hearts and minds of others.
What you’ll learn
- Identify how team working through emotional intelligence can lead to better outcomes
- Recognize why some conflict is to be expected and why it is a part of healthy relationships
- Examine behavioral styles with a focus on your style and how to work with others with different styles
- Ascertain how to work to build the hearts and minds of your team
- Develop and build your social skills and your emotional intelligence
- You should have an interest and understanding of emotional intelligence but no prior knowledge and experience is needed to benefit from the course.
- An interest in how interactions with other people work and how to build them more effectively.
- Keenness to learn about behavioral styles based on DISC (Dominance, Influence, Steadiness and Compliance).
- How effective are you at working with other people in small groups or in larger teams?
- How good are you at communicating and building effective relationships?
The increasing complexity of teamwork in the 21st century means that teams are unlikely to achieve superior performance through chance or the skills of an effective team leader. What matters is how the team manages the emotional climate under which they are working.
This course is about proactively working together with others in ways that will help you to communicate more efficiently as you engage with each other to bring value to your company and your customers. In addition, the skills, processes and tools taught in this course can bring value to other aspects of your life.
Good team working means that you can understand how each other works together. It means that you can have an understanding of other people’s strengths and limitations through the way in which they use they prefer to approach situations, their focus and their behaviour.
The course, also, covers working with the emotions experienced during change and ways to develop resilience in individuals, teams and organisations.
Some disagreement and conflict will be inevitable as this is where learning, creativity and understanding occurs. It is not that conflict occurs that is the issue, it is how it is managed by the individuals involved, the team and the leader.
The course is based around the outer world component of emotional intelligence focusing on empathy and social skills.
This course is a standalone course for anyone interested in understanding how to work more effectively with others within teams. It compliments other courses that explore emotional intelligence in more depth.
The course covers the DISC model looking at the behaviours of Dominance, Influence, Steadiness and Compliance and how these work together in teams.
You get the opportunity to look at the four behavioural styles and how you can work better with others who have a different style to your own. Completing the assessment to determine your own DISC style, will enable you to have a better understanding of your preferences and focus and how these differ from your team co-workers.
You’ll receive all the information that you need and will be coached using loads of practical hints that you can use straight away.
The course is made up of a series of lectures and contains comprehensive course notes. There are a series of interactive exercises that involve some activity with other people and some reflection.
The course material makes up a one to two day workshop so is equivalent to 8 -12 hour’s training. It forms part of our advanced emotional intelligence course endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management.
PLEASE NOTE – This course is NOT for you if you are not prepared to work through the practical activities that make up a fundamental part of the course. Team working cannot be developed just by watching the video lectures. It requires you to do some reflective thinking, to get some feedback and to discuss your development with others. I’m afraid that you won’t get the best from the course unless you are prepared to do this.
There are SEVEN practical activities included within the course that are designed to help you and your team to develop your team working capabilities.
- Reflecting about this Course on Teams
- Assessing the Dynamics of your Team
- Team Emotional Intelligence Checklist
- Exploring Emotional Hot Buttons
- Assessing your Behavioural Style
- Your Least Preferred Style
- Review your Learning
All of these practical activities require you to engage with your team and do some work outside of the course.
This course is being continually refined and updated to ensure it remains current and relevant.
Full grammatically-correct English captions available.
Latest update – April 2020
Who this course is for:
- This course will support the development of your emotional intelligence. It will be of interest to you if you are looking to develop your interpersonal relationships within teams.
Created by Robin Hills
Last updated 4/2020
Size: 1023.20 GB