Active listening skills with empathy and emotional intelligence. Give and listen to feedback at work and personal life
What you’ll learn
- Give constructive feedback that people listen to
- Have people actually think about and make changes based on your feedback
- Take feedback and actually hear what people are telling you
- Improve your listening skills
- Have more productive working relationships with people by boosting your listening skills
- Gain a valuable leadership and career skill
- No prerequisites, just an open mind to improve your listening skills
Learn a professional and systematic way to give and receive feedback at work and in your personal life using the Situation-Behavior-Impact (SBI) model.
Giving or taking bad, critical, or negative feedback at work or in your interpersonal situations can be difficult. There is also a risk of having the conversation turn negative, and escalate into a conflict that is accompanied by negative emotions like anger, frustration, or even fear.
This course will give you skills to listen better and to read the emotions of the other person better so you would be less likely to have your difficult conversations go poorly, and achieve desired outcomes.
LEARN ACTIVE LISTENING
Active listening is a technique that is used in counseling, training, and solving disputes or conflicts. It requires that the listener fully concentrate, understand, respond, and then remember what is being said. This is opposed to other listening techniques like reflective listening and empathic listening.
USE EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE DURING ACTIVE LISTENING
When you listen, there is much more to the conversation that just what’s being said. You have to think about the other person’s emotions and do your best to direct their emotions and yours. You also have to pay attention to their body language, facial features, and tone of voice.
LISTEN WITH EMPATHY
Try to truly understand what people are saying. Be present in the moment and understand how they feel and how the topic of conversation impacts the other person’s life.
GIVING FEEDBACK AND RECEIVING FEEDBACK
Much of active listening is used in the workplace. Throughout your career, you will be giving feedback and receiving feedback on many occasions. This course will help you understand the other person when you are receiving feedback.
Invest in yourself. Enroll today!
Who this course is for:
- Professionals, leaders, managers, and people who just want to improve listening skills
Created by Alex Genadinik
Last updated 12/2020
Size: 423.54 GB